If you have had problem skin for any length of time, you are likely skeptical (but still hopeful) when you hear that something is finally going to get your skin clear. You have tried everything, perhaps even a doctor or dermatologist, with little or no results, or at least not results that lasted. Elements Acne Clinic was created because we have a program that really does work - and keeps working. In fact, when used as directed, 95% of our clients are able to get clear and stay clear.
Why will our acne system work when other skin care products have failed?
Acne is a stubborn condition, and many cases are too resistant to respond to the variety of treatments out there. A much more comprehensive approach is needed to treat your skin. Antibiotics, Accutane, Retin-A, blue light therapy, laser, microdermabrasion, chemical and enzyme peels, and many of the pharmaceutical skin care products that range from inexpensive to ridiculously expensive either address only a part of the problem or do nothing at all.
The main difference with our system is our ability to change the strengths of your products, always staying one step ahead of the acne. While some products and medications might work at first, if they are not being changed or increased, the acne adapts and quickly begins to form again.
At Elements Acne Clinic:
- We educate you on lifestyle issues, drugs/medications, and comedogenic (pore-clogging) ingredients in makeup and skin care products that exacerbate acne.
- We give you a strict home care and treatment plan and follow up with you to make sure you understand what is expected of you.
- We assign a home care regimen according to type and severity of your acne.
- We use formulations with mandelic/lactic acid, vitamin A propionate, and, to a lesser degree, glycolic and salicylic acid. We couple this with the systematic use of benzoyl peroxide, starting slowly so your skin won’t get irritated in the beginning. As you work with us, we adjust your home care regimen as your skin adapts.
- We coach you on the next steps in your home care.
- We assess the condition of your skin during your appointment to see whether it is ready for the next step. If it is, we adjust the frequency of usage of your home care products, not allowing your skin to get used to get used to your current routine.
- We do extractions every time you get a treatment with us, so your skin gets clearer more quickly.
How are we different?
Most Dermatologists are knowledgeable about the function, condition, and diseases of the skin, but are they giving you the time and attention needed to deal with your complex skin problem? Their typical prescriptions may temporarily kill bacteria, dry up the sebum (oil from the sebaceous gland), or exfoliate your skin, but the side effects range from quite irritating to extremely dangerous. And, are they contacting you regularly to monitor your progress, or even returning your phone calls when the program is not working as it should?
Estheticians who work at spas are trained in treating the skin, but rarely are they trained to effectively treat acne. They are limited to the line of skin care products that the spa has them sell, and even if they have taken a course or two on treating acne, it's usually much more comfortable giving relaxing and pampering facials to the spa's clients.
Medi-spas and most other clinics may have a variety of machines and technology that can be impressive - but quite expensive. For those of you who can afford it, this would be fine - if any of it worked. But unless they are giving you a home-care regimen that addresses exfoliation, killing the bacteria, rehydration on a daily basis and making adjustments to your skin adapting, you will not get the results you are desperately looking for.
Proactiv and similar companies have the right idea, but even Proactiv isn’t strong enough for most cases of acne, nor do they monitor the changing condition of your skin. Not only that, these companies never see your skin or even talk to you. There is no way they can know if your complexion is light or dark, your acne is inflamed or non-inflamed, sensitive or not, combined with rosacea, resistant or rapidly responding.
Successfully treating acne is our top priority:
- All Acne Treatments are performed by a certified Acne Specialist.
- We are constantly doing research and are aware of the newest skin care products and techniques. We make sure that our products are formulated to be the most effective.
- When one of our products isn’t working for you as we had anticipated, we will find one that does and exchange it at no charge.
- We will answer or return your calls and emails quickly because we want to communicate with you. We value you and want to do everything we can to get your skin clear.